Friday, February 28, 2014

Shirley!

This post is dedicated to the wonderful Shirley! Shirley is a long time volunteer at the Public History Center - at least 15 years working here. She is the one who taught me how to use PastPerfect, and has helped with with a million tiny details since I started my internship. She is one of the sweetest and most caring women I have ever met - everyone who works here has been absurdly nice and awesome, and I would just like to give my thanks. Last week I used a scanner for the first time in years and had no trouble at all with it! Success! I also noticed a packaging error in our collections toolkit. The collections toolkit is full of our supplies for writing accession numbers on artifacts. There are a number of different acrylics, and solutions, and things with names like B-72 or N-67. While reading through the how-to manual, I realized that we had double the N-67 and none of the B-72! It just goes to show that everybody can make a mistake when putting together a kit, and that having good observational skills will help you with life in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment